Pages

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Gift Idea: The Christmas Cash Challenge



My parents are evil geniuses.

On Halloween this year, they gave each of their children $150 dollars in cash. And along with the cash came these instructions: 

This is your Christmas gift from us.  You may use it however you want, but you must follow these basic rules: 
  1. The money must be spent on a want, not a need. 
  2. You can buy one thing or you can buy many. 
  3. You can add to the money if you wish, but you must spend the entire amount by Christmas.
  4. You cannot tell anyone what you spend the money on. 
  5. You cannot use the items you purchase until after Christmas. 
  6. Whatever you purchase must be kept a secret and wrapped up to be opened in front of everyone on Christmas Day.   
  7. $25 must be donated to a charity of your choice.

While being handed $150 sounds exciting at first, the truth quickly sets in: As if finding the perfect gift for everyone else wasn’t stressful enough, now I have to find the perfect gift for myself as well!  And my evil genius parents get to sit around enjoying a completely relaxing holiday season without the stress of holiday shopping.  Pure evil genius.  I only wish I had thought had thought of it first.

Let the challenge begin....

7 comments:

  1. Hi Kaylee....this is Debbie Stone (Sadie's mother inlaw--you remember!)
    I just discovered you have a blog. How could Ihave not know this? I love blogs!! Anyway, I just wanted to say that I love this evil idea that your parents had. WONDERFUL!! I might steal it and use it someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie! Thanks for the support! I am so glad you stumbled across my blog and I hope you like it! I love reading your Friday Friends blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it thanks. I am always looking for fun ways to gift money at Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to do this !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are going to do this. Thank you for such a great idea. I am on chemo therapy and just finished radiation. I am fatigued easily and this is just the ticket for me. Thank you so much. I am wishing you and yours a very happy christmas season.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’ve used this idea for a couple of years now. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas how to switch it up a little…any new requirements or whatever??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did this… huge hit! Highly recommended πŸ«ΆπŸ»πŸ™ŒπŸΌ❤️✔️

    ReplyDelete