My parents are evil geniuses.
On Halloween this year, they gave each of their children $150 dollars in cash. And along with the cash came these instructions:
This is your Christmas gift from us. You may use it however you want, but you must follow these basic rules:
- The money must be spent on a want, not a need.
- You can buy one thing or you can buy many.
- You can add to the money if you wish, but you must spend the entire amount by Christmas.
- You cannot tell anyone what you spend the money on.
- You cannot use the items you purchase until after Christmas.
- Whatever you purchase must be kept a secret and wrapped up to be opened in front of everyone on Christmas Day.
- $25 must be donated to a charity of your choice.
While being handed $150 sounds exciting at first, the truth quickly sets in: As if finding the perfect gift for everyone else wasn’t stressful enough, now I have to find the perfect gift for myself as well! And my evil genius parents get to sit around enjoying a completely relaxing holiday season without the stress of holiday shopping. Pure evil genius. I only wish I had thought had thought of it first.
Let the challenge begin....